A construction worker died from electrocution on Monday morning in South Jordan, Utah.
Witnesses say they saw “flashes” while hearing an “explosion” at the same time, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Eric Hill.
Paramedics were called, but the man, who was identified as 50-year-old Shaun Robertson, died on scene before they arrived.
“It is extremely unfortunate that he was here working and doing his job, and had an unfortunate accident,” Hill said.
It was believed Robertson was part of a crew installing underground lines, he said. What exactly caused him to be electrocuted was not immediately known Monday.
For more on this incident: KSL.com Article, or Deseret News Article