Tully man who died at Novelis aluminum facility was electrocuted, deputies say
A man who died while working at the Novelis Inc. aluminum factory in Oswego County on Friday morning appears to have been accidentally electrocuted, deputies said.
Peter Clark Jr., 54, of Tully, was electrocuted while working as a contractor at the Scriba factory, said the Oswego County Sheriff’s Office. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Clark worked for Ridley Electric, a Syracuse company. Friday wasn’t the first time he had done a job at Novelis.
“Pete was a frequent visitor to our facility, and many of our employees knew him well and admired him at work and in the community,” said Leila Giancone, a Novelis spokeswoman.
Clark’s death remains under investigation, the sheriff’s office said.
Novelis, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Ridley Electric are also working together to investigate the deadly accident, Giacone said. She declined to release more information about what happened.
Clark was a member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 43 union.
Click here for the full article