Worker killed in accidental electrocution at construction site
An industrial accident claimed the life of a construction worker on University Drive Wednesday afternoon.
The man was working with crews inside of the original Burlington Coat Factory in the University Place Shopping Center, according to Don Webster, with HEMSI.
Robert Philyaw, was 41 years old, and he was accidentally electrocuted while he was working on the electricity at the construction site, a spokesperson from the Huntsville Police Department confirmed.
Philyaw was employed by H.C. Blake Co. Inc. OSHA is investigating this incident.
Click here for the full story from WAFF
A construction worker died from electrocution on Monday morning in South Jordan, Utah.
Witnesses say they saw “flashes” while hearing an “explosion” at the same time, said South Jordan Police Sgt. Eric Hill.
Paramedics were called, but the man, who was identified as 50-year-old Shaun Robertson, died on scene before they arrived.
“It is extremely unfortunate that he was here working and doing his job, and had an unfortunate accident,” Hill said.
It was believed Robertson was part of a crew installing underground lines, he said. What exactly caused him to be electrocuted was not immediately known Monday.
For more on this incident: KSL.com Article, or Deseret News Article