Emergency crews were called to the Southcentre Mall around 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday for an incident near the north entrance.
According to the Calvary CTV News, a man was killed after being electrocuted while working in an electrical room. EMS arrived to find the victim unresponsive, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.
“We are saddened that an employee of a contractor was injured and subsequently died while working at our property,” a spokesperson for Southcentre Mall said in a statement to CTV.
“Everyone who works at Southcentre is a part of a committed community and our staff are deeply impacted by what occurred. Our thoughts are with the individual’s family.”
OSHA is investigating the incident.
Click here to read the entire article