Testimonials

CAL/OSHA Investigating Fatal Electrocution

The city refused to identify the employee while withholding other details about the death, saying the workplace fatality was being investigated. The Sonoma County Coroner’s Office had not released the victim’s name as of Thursday night.

The city followed up with their own call to state regulators about the fatality shortly after paramedics and police arrived at the scene, she added.

Cal/OSHA was told that thee employee had been doing work on an energized subpanel at the site before electrocuted, Cal/OSHA spokesman Lucas Brown said.

Click here for the original news brief in The Press Democrat

 

DeKalb Molded Plastic molding supervisor dies after electric shock

Butler, Ind. — A molding supervisor at DeKalb Molded Plastics Co. died on Aug. 4, less than a month after he suffered an electrical shock in a July 18 accident at the company’s Butler facility.

The company said Larry Griffin Jr. was working around one of the company’s presses, which was not in operation, when he received the shock. The company said the incident and the death have been reported to the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The company released a statement saying that it was saddened by the news.

“The company sustains supportive efforts towards Mr. Griffin’s family, which include two sons, age eight and five, and his fiancee,” the statement said. “DeKalb Molded Plastics has a strong record of employee safety and continues to assure workplace safety as a No. 1 priority.”

DeKalb said Griffin worked at the custom structural foam molder for 10 years.
 
Click here for the Plastics News Report