Construction worker loses his life due to apparent electrical shock

August 29, 2018

SALT LAKE CITY — A 33-year-old construction worker died from an electrical shock at a job site in Salt Lake City, officials said Tuesday morning.

The man was a sub-contractor doing electrical work for an expansion being built at the state archives located at 346 S. Rio Grande Street, said Salt Lake City police detective Greg Wilking.

It appears the man died Monday afternoon from an electrical shock, but was working alone in the corner of a room that is not easily visible, according to Wilking. Co-workers did not notice him and closed the construction site for the night.

The man’s wife contacted the company when her husband did not come home, but the company had no information.
Co-workers searched the construction site Tuesday morning and found the man’s body.

Click here to read more directly from the KSL article

 

<< Back To Safety News
Testimonials

"The instructor knew the information from real life experience.  It makes a difference. --J&J Industries, Inc. "

View More →