‘It’s a Miracle’ Man Survived Electric Shock Accident at Work: ‘Some of His Body Was Burned’

April 11, 2019

‘It’s a Miracle’ Man Survived Electric Shock Accident at Work: ‘Some of His Body Was Burned’

“It went through his stomach and out of his shoulder,” said his daughter Micha Christen Bavousett

A man in Tennessee was electrocuted while working, and his daughter has opened up about the terrifying incident.

Mike Bavousett was doing maintenance work when he sustained non-life-threatening injuries. The Clinton Utilities Board told WVLT, the employee was replacing lines in a bucket truck at the time of the electric shock.

Bavousett’s daughter, Micha Bavousett, said in a Facebook Post, “Some of his body was burned from the electricity. It went through his stomach and out of his shoulder. BUT they said he is alert and is going to be ok”.

Micha told WVLT News that doctors expect Mike will be fine, but he will be in the hospital for a couple of days to be sure.

“It’s a miracle the electricity missed his heart,” said Micha. ” I’m sure the recovery won’t be too easy so please still keep praying for him!! Thank you all!”

After the accident, Mike was transported to the University of Tennessee Medical Center, where doctors told Micha that her dad has flash burns on his stomach and arms.

According to police, no was else was hurt and no threat was posed to anyone nearby.

The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration is looking into the circumstances leading up to the accident.

Click here for the news story from WVLT

<< Back To Safety News
Testimonials

"I wanted to send my appreciation to you and your team for conducting the on-site training sessions. Your instructor came to our facility to conduct NFPA 70E training for our maintenance and engineering staff. He was fun and knowledgeable not only to the theory side of the material but to … "

View More →