Maintenance worker suffers electrical shock

December 22, 2020

Maintenance worker suffers electrical shock in accident at Capitol Monday, rushed to hospital

On the morning of December 21st, first responders rushed to the State Capitol building in Baton Rouge where a maintenance employee was shocked in an electrical accident.

The injured employee is reportedly awake and expected to recover. Officials say the injured employee was rushed to the hospital shortly after the incident, and is expected to recover.

According to the United States Department of Labor, electrocution has been one of the leading causes of on-the-job deaths among construction workers for years.

Click here for the full story from WBRZ

<< Back To Safety News