DeKalb Molded Plastic molding supervisor dies after electric shock

August 8, 2019

Butler, Ind. — A molding supervisor at DeKalb Molded Plastics Co. died on Aug. 4, less than a month after he suffered an electrical shock in a July 18 accident at the company’s Butler facility.

The company said Larry Griffin Jr. was working around one of the company’s presses, which was not in operation, when he received the shock. The company said the incident and the death have been reported to the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The company released a statement saying that it was saddened by the news.

“The company sustains supportive efforts towards Mr. Griffin’s family, which include two sons, age eight and five, and his fiancee,” the statement said. “DeKalb Molded Plastics has a strong record of employee safety and continues to assure workplace safety as a No. 1 priority.”

DeKalb said Griffin worked at the custom structural foam molder for 10 years.
 
Click here for the Plastics News Report
<< Back To Safety News
Testimonials

"I enjoyed the class and learned some new information... There are a few practices that we can improve on over time that will ensure that we stay OSHA compliant. Overall it’s a great class and I would highly recommend anyone that may come in contact with panels and machinery attend … "

View More →