Man dies after electrocution and fall while working as subcontractor at South Carolina high school

July 20, 2019

Man dies after electrocution and fall while working as subcontractor at South Carolina high school

A 28-year-old subcontractor working at Georgetown High School in South Carolina died on Thursday.

The victim, a resident of Myrtle Beach, fell about eight feet off a ladder to the floor after being electrocuted. An autopsy Friday determined the cause of death was electrocution.

“All agencies and authorities have been notified about this accident and it is being investigated. Our prayers go out to the individual’s family and friends”, said Ray White, public information officer for Georgetown County Schools.

In a press release from the Georgetown County School District,

“In a tragic accident this afternoon at Georgetown High a subcontractor working at the school was killed when he was accidentally electrocuted. EMS personnel responded quickly and the victim was transported to Georgetown Memorial Hospital. All agencies and authorities have been notified about this accident and it is being investigated. Our prayers go out to the individual’s family and friends.”

For more details, read the articles from Southstrand news here, and News 13 WBTW here.

<< Back To Safety News
Testimonials

"I thought the class was very informative and instructor highlighted key note items. There was lots of visual aids and this made understanding the material easier. Overall it was a ++ thumbs up and would recommend this class to anyone. --Bates College "

View More →