OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: 23 Year Old worker Dies from Electrical Shock

December 2, 2017

OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: 23 Year Old worker Dies from Electrical Shock

Accident: 101947.015 – Employee Dies From Electrical Shock

At 10:52 a.m. on November 30, 2017, Employee #1 was working on an energized female electrical plug at the “load out” line near door 1N of Building A, which conveys potatoes from the storage bin into trucks for transport to the processing plant. The employee had its female plug end partially disassembled, exposing the terminals, near an energized 480 volt electrical cord that was the outgoing power for the Spudnik eliminator. Employee #1 was found unresponsive, but was revived onsite by EMS and transported to a nearby hospital, where he died later that day.

Click here for the full accident report details.

<< Back To Safety News
Testimonials

"I want to first off say our class was a success and your instructor was excellent. All agree who went. We were entertained and instructed at the same time. I have 32 plus years of this type of training and most of the time it is a boring slide show … "

View More →