Electrical Safety Services
The Jacman Group provides a range of electrical safety services for companies of all sizes throughout North America. We focus exclusively on Electrical Safety to help companies establish compliance with OSHA Electrical Safe Work Practices and the NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
We provide: Arc Flash/NFPA 70E Electrical Safety Training, Facility Arc Flash Risk Assessments & Infrared Studies (IR), Arc Flash Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), Basic Electrical courses, comprehensive Electrical Safety facility audits, Electrical Safety & LOTO program review and development, and incident investigations.
Facility audits and inspections along with the review of your written safety programs will help your company identify gaps or oversights in your programs. Our electrical safety audits frequently reveal items the company would never have noticed until an actual OSHA inspection occurred or an employee was either seriously or fatally injured; and no one wants that.
Electrical Safety Inspection & Audit
Our mock OSHA inspections are extremely helpful in identifying weak areas of a safety program, safety training, safety documentation and other potential issues.
Safety procedures are compared to applicable OSHA regulations; a walk-through of the facility is performed to determine physical violations; and employees are interviewed. Programs that are required by OSHA are also reviewed (e.g., written programs, work practices, record keeping, employee work practices and work environments) and evaluated to assess program status.
As a result of our safety audits, underlying currents are commonly identified allowing your company to correct the problem before other areas of an operation become affected.
NFPA 70E Facility Audit & Gap Analysis
Our Electrical Safety Audit & Gap Analysis identifies the potential electrical hazards to better protect your employees, minimize the loss of life and equipment and assess compliance with OSHA and employer standards.
- Assessment of your facility based upon the NFPA 70E Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace.
- Audit requires just 1-2 days depending on the size of your site and consists of inspecting the facility and equipment to identify gaps in labeling, markings, etc. The auditor can also interview selected employees and review your Electrical Safety Program including Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
- Written report with recommendations for improvements is provided upon completion. This report will list out any gaps in NFPA 70E Electrical Safety in the Workplace including required labeling, documentation, policies, procedures, and safe work practices. We’ll then make recommendations for the path forward to a safer workplace and compliance.
You’ll feel better knowing, instead of hoping you’re facility is safe and compliant and your employees and their families will thank you.
…and, being fully compliant = no costly citations as well
Electrical Safe Work Program & Procedures
We can review your current Electrical Safety Program and assist in maintaining your current procedures based on new equipment additions, new rulings, or physical changes at your facility, as well as assist in developing or writing any new procedures that are required.
We can also develop and implement site-specific, functional programs for topics such as Electrical Safe Work Practices & Lockout/Tagout Procedures.
Electrical Incident Investigation & Root Analysis
Based upon the information collected in the investigation, the root cause(s) of the incident will be determined, and recommendations for prevention will address the root cause(s).
- Personnel interviews
- Review documentation from incident
- Review company electrical safety program & procedures
- Identify casual factors and root causes
- Determine corrective actions
- Prepare report of findings & recommendations for prevention
Hands-on electrical training courses designed to give the student a basic foundation for understanding the construction and operation of electrical components and equipment found in an industrial facility.
Typical attendees include but are not limited to:
- Multi-Craft Workers
- Shift Supervisors
Course Topics include:
- How a person receives an electric shock
- The effects of electric shock
- Electrical terminology explained
- Basic electrical symbols
- How to wire various electrical components
- The importance of grounding
- The difference between DC and single/three phase AC
- Ohm’s Law to determine electrical values
- The various electrical test instruments
- Limit switches, proximity switches, photo eyes
- DC and AC motors
- Motor control circuits
- Ladder Logic diagrams
- Single phase and 3-phase transformers
- Use and Limitations of Meters
- Proper Meggering
- Troubleshooting Techniques
Course consists of hands-on wiring and troubleshooting of various electrical control circuits.
We have Basic (I) and Intermediate (II) classes available, classes can be customized.
Questions & Information
The Jacman Group is a nationally recognized electrical safety training company specializing in Arc Flash/Electrical Safety.
Contact us for more information on our electrical courses and safety services: