Testimonials

OSHA Fines Steel Company $364K for Repeated Safety Violations

A Texas steel company was fined for multiple repeated safety violations including employee injuries, and even amputation. In October of 2021, one worker was treated for a second degree burn on his hand. Another worker suffered an amputation months later in January of 2022, according to the report from the department’s Office of Safety and Health Administration. Those are just two of the 10 worker safety incidents reported at the steel company in the last five years, the report stated.

OSHA fined the company a total of $364,000 and placed them into their Severe Violator Enforcement Program which is geared towards companies who repeatedly fail to correct safety violations. OSHA has given Vinton Steel until May 3, 2022 to correct 19 safety violations and pay their fine.

“Placement in OSHA’s Severe Violator Program is a designation given to employers that show disregard for employee safety and health,” said OSHA El Paso-area director Diego Alvarado Jr. “The company needs to immediately evaluate its facility for safety and health hazards, implement safety procedures and train workers on how to follow those procedures.”

 

Click here for more on this from the original article

 

Shock and Burn at Extell project site

A construction worker was electrocuted early yesterday during a work accident at 227 Cherry Street in New York City. The man reportedly sustained second-degree burns about the arms, neck, and head, but was conscious when paramedics arrived. He was later taken to the hospital in stable condition.

The Fire Department is investigating the incident and requested the Department of Buildings perform an inspection to learn more about what happened.

Click here to learn more about the incident.

OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: Employee Burned While Working On Electrical Distribution Panel

OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: Employee Burned While Working On Electrical Distribution Panel

Accident: 104328.015Employee Is Working On An Electrical Distribution Panel And

At 2:00 p.m. on March 15, 2018, an employee was setting up to install breakers in a live 480V distribution panel at the switch gear area for an office build-out. The employee made contact with the bus bars when a screw driver fell inside the electrical panel and he suffered first, second, and third degree burns to his arm and face from an arc flash. The employee was hospitalized.

Click here for the full accident report details.

OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: Worker Is Burned After Receiving Electric Shock While Replacing Light Ballast

OSHA ACCIDENT REPORT: Worker is burned after receiving electric shock while replacing light ballast

Accident: 99730.015 – Employee Receives Electric Shock While Replacing Light Ballast

At 12:00 p.m. on October 9, 2017, am employee was working from a ladder to replace the ballast of a light fixture. During work, the employee received an electric shock and fell from the ladder. The employee sustained burns to one of his fingers and multiple contusions, which he was hospitalized and received treatment.

Click here for the full accident report details.