Testimonials

Maintenance worker suffers electrical shock

Maintenance worker suffers electrical shock in accident at Capitol Monday, rushed to hospital

On the morning of December 21st, first responders rushed to the State Capitol building in Baton Rouge where a maintenance employee was shocked in an electrical accident.

The injured employee is reportedly awake and expected to recover. Officials say the injured employee was rushed to the hospital shortly after the incident, and is expected to recover.

According to the United States Department of Labor, electrocution has been one of the leading causes of on-the-job deaths among construction workers for years.

Click here for the full story from WBRZ

DeKalb Molded Plastic molding supervisor dies after electric shock

Butler, Ind. — A molding supervisor at DeKalb Molded Plastics Co. died on Aug. 4, less than a month after he suffered an electrical shock in a July 18 accident at the company’s Butler facility.

The company said Larry Griffin Jr. was working around one of the company’s presses, which was not in operation, when he received the shock. The company said the incident and the death have been reported to the Indiana Occupational Safety and Health Administration.

The company released a statement saying that it was saddened by the news.

“The company sustains supportive efforts towards Mr. Griffin’s family, which include two sons, age eight and five, and his fiancee,” the statement said. “DeKalb Molded Plastics has a strong record of employee safety and continues to assure workplace safety as a No. 1 priority.”

DeKalb said Griffin worked at the custom structural foam molder for 10 years.
 
Click here for the Plastics News Report