Safety News

Arc Flash victim avoids injury thanks to PPE

This worker was able to escape an arc flash without injury because he was wearing his PPE and it very well could have saved his life. SHERMAN, Texas (KXII) — An arc flash at the Panda Power station Tuesday in

OSHA Cites Wiring Subcontractor after Arc Flash burns worker at the Plant Bowen facility

Notes from OSHA Regional News Brief – Region 4 OSHA cites Georgia Power, wiring subcontractor after arc flash severely burns worker at the Plant Bowen facility; proposes $122K in fines Employers failed to power down cabinet before electrician began work

OSHA Citation: Worker electrocuted because employer did not ensure safety procedures were followed.

OSHA Regional News Release – Region 4 Worker electrocuted because his employer did not ensure safety procedures were followed A preventable incident, OSHA report reveals REDDICK, Fla. – Electrician’s apprentice was testing and repairing electrical transformers at a substation in

Arc Flash Incident: OSHA fines company for “avoidable” hazards

OSHA Regional News Release – Region 2 Lack of protective equipment for electrician results in 1st and 3rd degree burns after arc flash. Steel manufacturer faces $147K in fines for “avoidable” hazards According to OSHA, an electric technician at a