An electrical explosion killed an Amtrak worker in a Bronx power substation Thursday morning, officials said.
The explosion erupted about 11:30 a.m. in Con Ed’s Van Nest Yard, which the company shares with Amtrak, on Unionport Road near White Plains Road in Parkchester.
The Amtrak worker was electrocuted, according to police. Two other people suffered minor injuries, officials said.
Authorities cut the power and were on scene investigating.
Ron Seabrook, 76, who’s lived near yard for 30 years, said the workers should have been better protected from harm.
“Something had to be exposed for him touch something or do something for him to lose his life,” he said. “It makes me feel bad for that individual, whoever it was. I’m quite sure they felt they were safe.”
Click here for the full article from NY Daily News