A 62-year-old man was electrocuted Saturday morning while trying to remove a backhoe that got stuck in some electrical wires in Fermont, a town on the North Shore near the border with Labrador.
The backhoe slid down a slope on Highway 389, coming to a stop near the wires, according to the Sûreté du Québec.
The man was in the process of retrieving the backhoe when an electrical arc formed from the wires and electrocuted him.
He collapsed in the snow and was pronounced dead after being transported to hospital.
Employees from Hydro-Québec and Transports Québec arrived to secure the area.
A construction worker was electrocuted early yesterday during a work accident at 227 Cherry Street in New York City. The man reportedly sustained second-degree burns about the arms, neck, and head, but was conscious when paramedics arrived. He was later taken to the hospital in stable condition.
The Fire Department is investigating the incident and requested the Department of Buildings perform an inspection to learn more about what happened.
Click here to learn more about the incident.
SALT LAKE CITY — A 33-year-old construction worker died from an electrical shock at a job site in Salt Lake City, officials said Tuesday morning.
The man was a sub-contractor doing electrical work for an expansion being built at the state archives located at 346 S. Rio Grande Street, said Salt Lake City police detective Greg Wilking.
It appears the man died Monday afternoon from an electrical shock, but was working alone in the corner of a room that is not easily visible, according to Wilking. Co-workers did not notice him and closed the construction site for the night.
The man’s wife contacted the company when her husband did not come home, but the company had no information.
Co-workers searched the construction site Tuesday morning and found the man’s body.
Click here to read more directly from the KSL article
U.S. Department of Labor Cites Ohio Recycling Company for Safety Violations
COLUMBUS, OH – The U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has cited Sewing Collection Inc. – a coat hanger recycling company – for serious and repeat safety violations. The Columbus, Ohio-based company faces proposed penalties totaling $190,247.
An inspection in April 2018 found that the company exposed employees to fall, machine guarding, and electrical hazards; failed to train forklift operators; and did not have proper emergency exit signage.
“Employers have a responsibility to conduct workplace hazard assessments regularly to determine appropriate measures at protecting workers’ safety and health,” said OSHA Columbus Area Office Director Larry Johnson. “This company’s failure to comply with federal safety requirements needlessly exposed employees to workplace injuries.”
Click here for more information and to read the news release directly from OSHA